The Introduction video will help you familiarize yourself with the Radiation Alert® Digilert200 handheld digital radiation detector.
The Digilert200 uses a Geiger-Mueller tube to detect radiation. The Geiger tube generates a pulse of electrical current each time radiation passes through the halogen quenched tube and causes ionization. Each pulse is electronically detected and registers as a count. The Digilert200 displays the counts in the mode you choose.
- CAUTION: Never touch the Digilert200 to a surface that may be contaminated. You may contaminate the instrument.
- Do not leave the Digilert200 in temperatures over 100° F (38° C) or in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Do not get the Digilert200 wet. Water can damage the circuitry and the mica surface of the Geiger tube.
- Do not put the Digilert200 in a microwave oven. It cannot measure microwaves, and you may damage it or the oven.
- This instrument may be sensitive to and may not operate properly in radio frequency, microwave, electrostatic, and electromagnetic fields.
- If you do not expect to use the Digilert200 for longer than one month, remove the battery to avoid damage from battery corrosion. Change the battery promptly when the battery indicator appears on the display.