The Radiation Alert® Sentry EC is a Personal Alarming Dosimeter / Ratemeter designed to ensure the safety of personnel that work in occupations with potential x-ray or gamma exposure.
The pocket sized unit has an energy compensated tube for a linear response to gamma and built in memory for recording data points for tracking accumulated exposure. The SentryCom Software option enables you to generate incident reconstruction for analysis. The software also permits you to easily set the vibrating and audio alert to your desired levels for dose (>1.0 mR/10 µSv) and dose rate (>1.0 mR/hr/10 µSv/hr).
Use the audio switch to choose between audible clicks with each count recieved or a discreet silent mode.
- CAUTION: Never touch the Sentry EC to a surface that may be contaminated. You may contaminate the instrument.
- Do not leave the Sentry EC in temperatures over 100° F (38° C) or in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
- Do not put the Sentry EC in a microwave oven. It cannot measure microwaves, and you may damage it or the oven.
- This instrument may be sensitive to and may not operate properly in radio frequency, microwave, electrostatic, and electromagnetic fields.
- If you do not expect to use the Sentry EC for longer than one month, remove the battery to avoid damage from battery corrosion.